Ahh… the shower arm. It’s one of the few parts that gets overlooked at quite easily. Very unnoticeable part of the showering experience, until a much better one is installed.
Have you ever taken a shower and had to bend your neck down because of its overall extension from the wall? Almost feels like it was designed specifically for hobbits….
You don’t have to suffer like that anymore. You can actually get shower arms that can both raise and lower the shower head.
Below, we’ve got the best shower arm extensions. Shower arms that have been proven to work well by others users!
Best Shower Arm Extensions On The Market Today!
|Picture||Product||Height Increase in Inches:||Rating||Cost|
|Danze D481116 13-Inch S-Shape Shower Arm, Chrome||Around 12" inches||4.6||$|
|Moen S113 Waterhill 14-Inch Shower Arm||Around 2.5" inches||4.8||$$|
|Delta RP61273 Addison 15-Inch Shower Arm||Around 2" inches||4.6||$|
|Delta Faucet UA902-PK Universal Showering Components 10 -Inch Adjustable Shower Arm||Up to 9" inches||4.3||$|
|American Standard 12-Inch Wal Mount Shepherd's Crook Shower Arm||Around 4" inches||4.6||$$$|
|Danco 27042A S Shower Arm with Flange||Around 11" inches||3.9||$|
|MODONA AC42-AS-Inch Shaped Shower Arm with Flange Solid BRASS||Around 6" inches||4.7||$|
|Danze D481144 15-Inch Sirius Shower Arm, Chrome||Around 9" inches||3.8||$$$|
|AKDY Brass Adjustable Height Shower Head Arm Panel||Up to 9" inches||4.5||$|
|LDR 520 2419CP High Rise Shower Arm and Flange||Around 10" inches||4.9||$|
What Exactly Are Shower Arms / ShowerExtension?
A shower arm (or extensions) is a metal pipe that runs from the main water source piping directly to your shower head. They range in shapes and functions, but most are plain and boring looking. Most look like short 12 inch elbow that gives your shower head a slight decline.
Sometimes, shower heads are too low and it makes taking a shower more headache than it is supposed to be. This is an easy fix with a proper arm/extension. Just take a look at the chart below or, look below for our brief shower arm reviews. We’ve picked 5 best shower arm/extensions that we strongly believe you’ll love!
How To Properly Install Shower Arms / Shower Extensions
If you want to properly install your new shower arm/extension on your own, just take a look at this video right below. A very relatively easy task, as long as you follow instructions. Here it is:
Main Advantages of a “Better” Shower Arm
Your current shower arm or extension could be quite old. There could be a ton of hard water build up (calcium, magnesium and other minerals).
This can not only make your water flow worse, but also it may even cause other problems deeper into your plumbing system.
With a new and improved shower arm, you may experience:
- A noticeable increase in water flow – depending on the width of the shower head, your water flow rate may actually increase (especially if your last one had a noticeable layer of minerals built up).
- Raise and lower the shower head – some shower arms/extensions can let your move your shower head up or down. This is perfect for people of all kinds of heights.
- Increase the appeal of your current shower – you may have a beautiful tiled shower, with a stainless steel shower head… add a beautifully designed shower extension and you have yourself one beautiful shower setup!
- Gives more freedom – regular shower heads including dual styled shower heads, and just plain old shower heads which mount directly to your wall, can be extended outward giving you more movement freedom.
How To Find The Best Shower Arm That Suits You
- Know the quality – simply look at the product description and user reviews. If the shower arm extension you’re looking at has a quality issues, the users will usually make it known in their reviews. Look for nickle, stainless steel, or even brass as a build material.
- Which finish would you prefer – if your shower head is a gloss white, it makes sense to find a gloss white shower arm. Or vise versa, stainless steel shower head with a stainless steel shower arm extension. The whole setup tends to look much better when it all matches, so you choose accordingly.
- Make sure it fits – how crazy would it be to have a monster shower head, and purchase a tiny elbow shaped shower arm extension. Not only will it look odd, but it most likely won’t fit together properly. Look at the pictures provided in the product listing as well as google images for additional product images.
Top 5 Best Shower Arm Extensions Reviewed
1. LDR 520 2419CP High Rise Shower Arm and Flange
If you have descent space in your shower, then you’ll see the full advantages of using the LDR High Rise Shower Arm W/Flange.
This shower arm does not point directly down which typically would give people a rain shower feel. Instead, it points at about a 40-50 degree angle outward, so the perfect place for you to stand would probably be around the middle of your tub.
The moment you get this shower arm, you’ll see it’s super easy to install. Having the 1/2” standard connectors on both ends, it will fit 99% of shower heads that are in the US market today.
From your current shower arm height, this arm will raise the height by about 10 whole inches. If you’re tired of bending your neck all the time while taking a shower, this shower arm will solve that problem instantly!
2. Danze D481116 13-Inch S-Shape Shower Arm
One of our most favorite shower arms in the list, the Danze 13” inch S-Shaped shower arm. This one is made of solid brass construction, raises the whole shower head by a whopping 12” inches and extends out by an impressive 13”.
For the ultimate rain shower experience, without actually getting a ceiling shower head… this is an inexpensive alternative!
Don’t supper by bending your neck down to take a shower, get this shower head and raise the height by 1 whole foot!
3. Moen S113 Waterhill 14-Inch Shower Arm
The Moen S113 is a shower arm that is made of 100% bass, finished off with a chrome coating. This arm/extension gives most shower heads a slight angle outwards by around 40 degrees.
After you replace your current old shower arm, the Moen S113 arm will increase the height by around 4” inches, and give it an extra 8 inches of space outwards. If your shower head of choice pivots, it will work perfectly as a shower arm for a rainfall styled shower.
4. American Standard 12-Inch Wal Mount Shepherd’s Crook Shower Arm
American Standard 12″ Wall Mounted “Shepherd’s Crook shower arm gives a true rain shower experience, especially when pair up with any good quality rain shower head (ideally one with wide coverage).
When completely installed, it literally looks like a shepherds crook for a wall mount. 100% brass construction feels sturdy, but not overwhelmingly heavy like you’d expect.
It can fit virtually any shower head on the market right now and tall people are going to love it this arm. (a great addition to this extension arm is Pfister Mariella Raincan Rain Shower Head).
We recommend this shower arm if you want a waterfall feeling, a very sturdy shower head extension and overall providing a better shower experience!
5. Delta Faucet Universal 10 -Inch Adjustable Shower Arm
We have chosen the Delta Faucet Universal Showering Arm as the #5 most recommended shower arm. This is excellent for most shower heads, especially those that are particularly high pressure. You can adjust the height of this shower arm about 9-10 inches in either up or down direction.
From what we noticed, be cautious not to hit put too much pressure using a wrench when installing the shower arm. This may cause bending.
For any home, it’s a very inexpensive addition to any older shower arm.
Whether you’re tall or short, this will work for you and you won’t ever have to lean over while taking a shower again. (unless you are 8 feet tall).