I remember when I used to stand underneath my shower, there was no way I could point water towards the directions I wanted. Truth be told, when the shower head sprayer was on… it had only one setting.
It was like standing underneath a sad, under pressurized stream of water, waiting until the water reached “all places” it needed to reach.
THIS is why I decided to get myself a shower head with a handheld combo, one that would not only be stationary but also another one I could take and use on any part of my body. Let me tell you, it was NIGHT and DAY difference.
Showering was done much faster, I could reach places I could not reach before and overall, it made cleaning a total breeze!
So maybe right now you’re wondering, what is the best handheld shower head for me?
If that question is on your mind, luckily for you there’s a full guide below. Spending a few hours doing research, I dug into individual handheld shower head reviews of all types from cheap and expensive.
Handheld Shower Head Reviews | Top 3 Overview
Ana Bath 5 Function SS540CBN
Delta Faucet 58480-PK In2ition
Delta Faucet 7-Spray 75700 Touch-Clean
#1. Ana Bath 5 Function SS540CBN - The Best Handheld Shower Head of 2020
Let’s kick off our list with Ana Bath SS540CBN handheld shower head. Actually, this is the best handheld shower head on our list when we take into an account its features.
For example, this is an Anti-Clog Nozzle Spray shower head which is 5-inch wide. It’s made of brushed nickel, so it’s really glossy and has a nice feeling when you touch it. Furthermore, we have 5 functions here, so you can switch between several saturating sprays as well as massage spray.
I really like the addition of massage sprays as it made me save my cash on an expensive shower panel. Sure, the experience is drastically different, but so is the price.
Another great thing to mention here is the pressure. For those who don’t like a low water pressure, this handheld shower head is a gift from God himself!
Due to its thin shower head, SS540CBN packs a quite a punch, so much that you could become a firefighter!
- This shower head is made of brushed nickel, which speaks highly of its build quality.
- Stainless-steel hose is one of the best I’ve seen.
- The above-average 5-inch shower head spreads more water than a normal 4-inch shower head.
- SS540CBN comes with 5 spraying functions, which is more than sufficient.
- It’s all but expensive!
- Tool-free installation isn’t the most reliable.
#2. Delta Faucet 75700
Delta Faucet crafted a beautiful handheld shower head for a pretty affordable price. 75700 7-Setting handheld shower head is here to give you the best value for your cash and of course, an enjoyable evening shower.
If you like shiny stuff in your bathroom, you’ll be happy to see the beautiful, streamlined chrome polish on this shower head. But, its strength lies in the amazing performance we have from this product.
For example, at a pressure of 80 psi, this shower head can produce 2.5 gpm of water. If you ask me, this is pretty good, so you won’t have to buy any stronger product at the price given.
Furthermore, 75700 offers a couple of options for spraying, including massage, drenching spray, full spray, etc.
Finally, I like the Pause feature introduced here. It removes the problem of fine-tuning the water temperature while you shave, for example.
Just pause the water flow and resume when you are ready; simple as that!
- The design is pretty good. With its awesome build quality and compactness, this is one of the best products for the price.
- 75700 offers a good amount of options for spraying. Five of them should be more than enough.
- The Pause button feels great to the touch and works fine.
- The other color variant (White) isn’t nearly as beautiful.
#3. Delta Faucet 58480-PK In2ition
Delta Faucet 58480-PK In2ition is a more expensive option, but it’s important to mention that this is a shower head and hand shower combo.
So, for around hundred bucks, you get to control your water and make it go wherever you want.
Again, 58480-PK In2ition is made of chrome and looks super-shiny and beautiful.
Its design gives the impression of sheer quality and durability, which is exactly what I need.
Moving on to the features, the product shows exactly the same results as the previous one on the list. So, the flow rate is around 2.5gpm at 80 psi of pressure, which is powerful enough for my (and probably your) needs.
The shower head also comes with four different spray settings, including full body spray, full spray, massage, and fast massage spray. It’s really amazing what you can buy for this price.
- It’s a shower head and hand shower combo.
- For what it offers, its price is pretty affordable.
- 58467 In2ition comes with a flow rate of 2.5 gpm at 80 psi.
- Four different spray settings are available.
- Some users may find four spray settings insufficient.
#4. Delta Faucet 58480-PK In2ition
Unlike Delta Faucet 5846 In2ition, AquaDance 3312 Handshower is here to give you a budget-friendly solution for your bathroom.
Sure, this isn’t a combo product, but a compact, efficient one one that’s great for the price of $20.
Another great feature is that it can be used as a handheld hand shower or simply as an overhead one. This is realized by a hinge that holds the shower head at the wall and allows for one-dimensional rotation.
Since we reviewed a couple of Chrome-based handheld shower heads, you’ll be surprised to see the stainless steel in this one. I mean, both of these are great and the only difference is that Chrome tends to be a little shiny.
Speaking of stainless steel, you’ll also get a stainless-steel hose, so it’s unlikely that you’ll change it anytime soon. It’s durable, sturdy, and feels great. Overall, this is one of the best handheld shower heads for low water pressure.
- It’s very cheap.
- Can be used as both handheld and overhead shower head.
- Stainless-steel hose offers an amazing quality.
- Amazing shower head for efficient water flow.
- No additional features.
#5. HotelSpa Model Model-1422
HotelSpa is a great brand of handheld shower heads and this time, they’ve come up with their 1422 7-Setting handshower. So, what makes this one special?
Well, its design is beautiful, shiny, it looks smooth, and simply gives an impression of a much more expensive product.
Aside from that, we have an integrated pause button that’s located on the handle. It’s great when you want to shave while taking a bath, which I usually do.
When it comes to the features, this product is pretty generous. As you’ve probably guessed, we are talking about 7-Setting handshower that can make your shower much more enjoyable.
Among these settings, we can find power rain, soft aeration, massage, rain/massage, rain/aeration, and much more. Many of you will think that this takes some time to install due to its high-end features, but you’ll be dead wrong.
You can install it in under 5 minutes, even if you are a newbie!
- The design is premium, giving the impression of a much expensive product.
- Integrated On/Off (Pause) switch allows for stopping the water jet easily.
- At this price, we have a total of 7 settings to choose from. That’s pretty impressive!
- Installation is simple and takes just a couple of minutes.
- No color variants.
#6. ShowerMaxx Premium SYNCHKG090614
ShowerMaxx Premium SYNCHKG090614 is a handheld shower head that looks simple, yet packs a punch. When I say this, I think that this is the best for this price. Since I’ve had a few bad experiences with it, I found this hose very durable and sturdy, yet lightweight and compact.
Feature-wise, SYNCHKG090614 manages to give an amazing performance. First of all, we have many color variants, which is always great to have.
Moving further, we can see that there are a total of 6 spray settings, including massage as well. The classic Pause feature is also here, which restricts the water flow to a minimum.
What more can we say?
A top-grade design, amazing build quality, and numerous features make this shower head a worthy buy at the given price.
- High water output is amazing.
- High-quality stainless steel hose is always a welcome addition.
- It offers a total of six different spray settings.
- A price-to-performance ratio is more than great.
- Comes in a variety of colors, so the prices may vary.
#7. Delta 58471-PK H2O In2ition
Delta 58471-PK H20 In2ition isn’t exactly friendly to your wallet, but since we are talking about two-in-one shower head, well… that’s kinda cool.
When you first touch this product, you’ll immediately notice one big flaw- its plastic design.
Yeah, it’s plastic, which isn’t good at all! Recently, my shower head fell to the ground and broke apart, so this can happen here, too.
Nevertheless, you can use your shower head and hand shower apart, making it great when you want to take a shower with someone, maybe your husband or wife.
When it comes to the pressure, I must say that I’m not that impressed. I’m, however, impressed by how good this shower head is for massage. It’s one of the best massage shower heads I’ve ever used!
Aside from that, it’s easy to mount and you can do that with a few screws. Overall, it’s a fine solution for those who have nothing against the plastic design and mediocre build quality.
- It’s a two-in-one shower head, which is excellent for the price.
- One of the best massage-like shower heads on the market.
- It’s very easy to mount.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- The build quality is lackluster.
- Low flow.
- A bit too pricey.
#8. Hansgrohe 04072000 Croma C100
Hansgrohe 04072000 Croma C100 comes at a price of $45.80 and offers a solid value for the price. However, the main concern is the uninspiring design with no distinct parts.
I mean, it looks like an ordinary handheld shower head at a first glance, which… well, isn’t that bad! However, we have a cool set of features that come with this product.
The spray face pack 4 inches in size, which means it isn’t that big, allowing for more pressure to build up inside of it.
When it comes to pressure, this is a pretty strong shower head, though. Hansgrohe wasn’t that generous with the spray modes, offering a total of three of them.
Nevertheless, full spray, intense turbo spray, and massage should be more than enough for you.
With its QuickClean technology, as well as 75 no-clog spray channels, the product justifies its price. The only downside is that the hose isn’t included, so you can buy a stainless-steel one.
- The build quality is pretty good.
- 4-inch spray face does a good job of building up a pressure inside the shower head.
- A total of 75 no-clog spray channels.
- Three spray modes.
- Comes in a variety of different colors.
- The design is uninspired.
- Some users will find three spray modes insufficient.
- The price is different for different color variants.
- A hose isn’t included.
#9. HotelSpa Model 1450 AquaCare Series
Finally, we have a HotelSpa 1450 AquaCare Series Spiral handheld shower head that comes with a 6ft hose. Yeah, that’s a pretty long hose if you ask me! For a price of $24.99, I must say that this is almost a steal deal.
We get 7 spray settings, a 4-inch of spray face and a Pause setting that sits comfortably on the front side of the handle.
Since there is a Chrome finish, the shower head can be a little slippery; a rubber handle would be a great addition.
The pause button is quite responsive, giving you enough time to shave or simply admire your smoking-hot body while you use the setting.
Another thing I want to mention is that it’s very simple to mount and require NO tools to do so!
Simply use your Power Suction or Adhesive Holder and you’re good to go. For this price, I doubt any shower head can beat this price-to-performance ratio.
- Offers an amazing value for the price.
- A built quality is second to none.
- The 6ft hose is amazing, offering enough durability and reliability.
- At this price, 7 spray settings is simply a blasphemy!
- The Pause feature is always welcome.
- Can be a little slippery.
- A tool-free mount is easy but isn’t as reliable as the ordinary mount can be.
#10. HotelSpa Model 1450 AquaCare Series
The Waterpik TRS-553 comes with a 5-foot hose that is very maneuverable and that you will have plenty of freedom in the shower.
With new technology this shower head delivers a maximum water flow.
It is equipped with 5 different spray settings to ensure that the user is satisfied. With a simple turn you can have a soft gentle touch to a high pressure massage depending on your mood.
From reading the customer reviews and doing our own in house testing, we highly recommend this shower head for someone who is elderly or has kids.
- Includes a 5 Foot Hose
- Features Up To 5 Different Spray Settings
- Has a Clean & Elegant Look
- Not many color options
- Made of plastic
In Closing, What Should You Consider When Shopping?
So, what should you look for when shopping for a handheld shower head kit?
Well, there are some of the factors you want to keep an eye on. Let’s uncover them, shall we?
- The Build Quality: This is the most important factor to look for. If you buy an ABS plastic shower head, chances are that you’re going to break it if it falls to the ground. I mean, it happens to everyone, so you want to look for shower heads made of aluminum or stainless steel. This way, you’ll ensure that your product is durable and that it looks good.
- Good Quality Hose: Hose is of great importance. How many times did it happen to you that your hose simply snapped and water started leaking everywhere? Well, if you are sick of low-quality hoses, you need to look for the stainless-steel ones. You can also opt for an option without hose and buy it separately, but I really can’t recommend that.
- Low or High Pressure: Now, this is the question that you might want to answer to yourself. Do you want high or low pressure? Beware that a high-pressure shower head isn’t going to be that great as a massage shower head. On the brighter side, a low-pressure one makes for a great massage.
- Advanced Features: So, do you want your shower head to have several different spray modes? Do you want it to have a Pause button? If so, then you should think about advanced features. Usually, you’ll need to pay a bit higher price for these features. However, as shower heads aren’t expensive, I recommend that you take them into an account, too.
- Aesthetics: Finally, think about aesthetics. This is the least important factor since shower heads aren’t that varied in terms of color and design. You won’t go wrong with any shower head. Its all up to your personal preference when it comes down to it.